10 Great Wedding First Dance Songs 2023 2022
Written by DJ KAMAYO
Here are 10 great wedding first dance songs to choose from for 2022, 2023, or 2024.
I've personally used these at weddings all over Los Angeles, Ventura County & San Diego the past few years.
This list features some classic songs that have stood the test of time as well as more recent songs from the past 10 years.
The first dance song is usually the most important song at a wedding reception and the song couples will choose first when putting together their wedding music playlist.
It's the first time you will dance together as a married couple while your friends & family are watching.
Some things to consider when choosing your first dance song:
- The whole song does not need to be played, unless you want it to. Most times when I do first dances I will play the song for around 2 minutes or for 1 or 2 verses. I always make sure to ask my couples how long they want me to play it for and also let them know how long their first dance song is. Many couples choose their song without realizing how long the song is and sometimes assume that they have to dance the entire song. Another thing I do when playing the first dance song is slowly fading out the song once the newlyweds have given me a nod or wink if they're ready to end the dance.
- A great wedding DJ can also edit your first dance song the exact way you want it. Do you want to edit or change the first dance song? It can be done. You can extend parts, cut out parts or start the song and a certain point. I personally can do all of the these things using professional audio editing programs. I can also create mashups using multiple songs to make one track.
In no particular order:
1. Bruno Mars - Rest Of My Life
This is a very recent one but it makes my list because it is relatively unknown in the wedding scene. How is that possible you say? Well, because it was never commercially released (still isn't). It was actually only written and performed by Bruno Mars for a TV show. Many people like myself, took the audio from the TV show, edited and mastered it for playing back at events. The lyrics in this song are simply perfect for a wedding first dance.
2. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
Out of all the songs on my list, this tune by Ed Sheeran is the newest one and currently the most popular first dance song for most of the weddings I've been DJing recently.
Check out our photo booth!
3. John Legend - All Of Me
Need some lighting for your wedding or special event?
4. Adele - Make You Feel My Love
5. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
The song that made Ed Sheeran a household name and mainstay in every wedding DJ set. Still a very popular song to play at weddings especially during slow dances.
6. Bright Eyes - First Day Of My Life
7. Ben Folds - The Luckiest
8. Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
9. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
10. Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love
Here is the playlist of these songs on Spotify (except for "Rest Of My Life"):
Make sure to check DJ Kamayo Entertainment on VIMEO for videos of events we've done.